Home 2D Art Showcase & Critiques

Feedback for my Thesis: Character concept art

Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Hey everyone! :) First time posting on here, but wanted to use this platform to get some outside critique on what I am working on.
For my college thesis, I have to create 2 to 3 character concepts for a theoretical video game. My end goal is to create concepts that can be passed on to a 3D modeler. For my first character, I am developing a 17 year old, search and rescue medic that would essentially be the main playable character. Although he is younger than the average medic, he is extremely intelligent which allows him to adapt quickly when needed. With a humanitarian nature, Dominic is very passionate about helping people and creating peace. This can sometimes be confused with stubbornness or ignorance. As always, a medic will always have to be prepared for the worse. His outfit is built to withstand space traveling, but still light enough for a medic. Trying to create a slim design that is practical and aesthetically pleasing.

Design Aspects: Realistic style. Theoretical game takes place in 2045. Technology and civilization has advanced. Medics receive an eye implant, which makes him able to do his job much quicker. It diagnoses victim's injuries, informing its status and location on body. Chest piece gives protection and support for backpack. The backpack holds a built in defibrillator battery, which will connect small wires to his gloves. This allows him to revive as well as stun.

Next Steps: Add more detail into the belt, backpack, pads, gloves, and boots. I would like the shoulder pads to have small compartments for First Aid. I will be later designing a Drone that flies next to Dominic. This Drone will contain organization for most of the medic supplies so Dominic won't be weighed down.

How does the design read to you? Where are places that I should improve? What can I add? Things a modeler would want to know? Suggestions, comments, or questions are all welcome. I am here to learn and become a better artist, so please let me know how I'm doing. Thank you!  <3