Home Quixel Megascans

Answered: Unable to launch Quixel Suite 2.2 /2.3

Habbekuk
null
Offline / Send Message
Habbekuk null
I hope someone is able to point me in the right direction with this as i feel like i have exhausted every option i can think of besides doing a clean windows install. 

This issue suddenly started with the 2.2 version using Photoshop CC2015. I tried updating first after uninstalling them, and upgrading to the latest version 2.3 and CC2017. I have also followed advice in other threads like trying to install the Suite in different directories/ drives and running photoshop as administrator first. Another avenue i have explored is disabling UAC restrictions in windows itself, in addition to cleaning any 2.2 directories that i could find, but so far everything yields the same result.

This is the error message i get every time. After this it goes to the Adobe directory to ask  for the Photoshop version i want to use and once i select the .exe file it asks for a reload and loops back again to the same error message.

If anyone has any experience dealing with this i would kindly appreciate any help.

Replies

• Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Send in a support ticket to support@quixel.se. All of the avenues I would have tried for this are something you've tried already. I'll get our Suite programmer on it ASAP. Sorry about the trouble!
  • Habbekuk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Habbekuk null
    Thank you for your fast response. Guess it's a weird windows issue caused by a recent update as i haven't made any changes to photoshop/quixel when this started. 
  • Habbekuk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Habbekuk null
    It seems like i fixed it. For some reason the Quixel directory in the AppData\Roaming path became hidden. Un-hiding that folder in properties made quixel boot up. It seems to run fine so far. 
  • Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Quixel should always boot up - it is our company, after all! ;)

I'm glad the Suite is fixed up for you. I'm very surprised that the fix you mentioned worked. You might have some underlying issues in Windows that may need addressed in the future with a reinstall, but at least you're running for now. Be sure to let us know if anything else happens going forward!