Home Career & Education

Graphic Design to 3D Animation

I have graphic design experience but would like to try 3D animation. What would be the suggested steps/software sequence you would recommend?

Replies

• sacboi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sacboi high dynamic range

Umm...these app comparison topics/threads tend be frowned upon by a given site's FLs & Admin, simply due to a potential flameout as the discussion gathers momentum coalescing opinion into this or that corner of the market. So my recommendation without overstepping the mark is to trial available off the shelf solutions too see what fits, also taking into consideration your particular focus whether hobby, freelance or possible career. 

EDIT:

Browse the board for further info, nailing down specifics and you could start with either the sticky or wiki :)  

• D_Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    D_Choi node
    I got degree in graphic design and work as a graphic designer for a while. I was doing motion graphic and if you want to learn 3D to enhance your portfolio in that way, Cinema 4D is the one. In my case, I wanted to work in game industry so I studied Maya after work for a while. Then I realized learning 3D in my free time would take me too much of time and I seriously wanted to move to game industry. So I quit my job and focused full on Maya and Zbrush for few years. It's going to be very different tools and path depends on what do you want to get by learning 3D animation. 
  • Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range