Home Technical Talk

New to Maya 2018 VRay

node
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
PaulPer node
Hello, longtime Maya user, but only recently I've started working with VRay at my job with a few hiccups so far.

Need to learn/improve with VRay as I need to reach super realistic renders of server hardware and related tech (which due to work I can't show)

I'm used to going back and forth in Maya, tweaking materials, re-rendering to test any changes (Arnold, Maya default and mental ray).
When I look up VRay, they always mention the linear workflow. Not sure if my current routine is that or something else.

Anyone have any tips or tricks or guides they could suggest for help getting my toes wet with the plugin?

I still don't get how VRay's gamma can take a gray-scale silver tone and turn it into a light sand tan.

Also does anyone else with workplace computer firewalls have issues with error 200 and license communications?
(I've already figured a fix but i thought I'd check the frequency of it happening)

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Klaudio2U
    Offline / Send Message
    Klaudio2U polycounter lvl 8
    All the default settings in Vray should give a pretty much great result, no need to do anything and worry about "linear workflow". Well, depending on what you need, just simply pretty renders or the setup needs to be linear. 

How does your result look like in Vray Frame Buffer? If possible, share some screenshots. 
  • Eric Chadwick
    Digital Tutors has a good series on using V-Ray, at least in 3ds Max. Should be pretty transferrable.
  • PaulPer
    Offline / Send Message
    PaulPer node
    Klaudio2U said:
    All the default settings in Vray should give a pretty much great result, no need to do anything and worry about "linear workflow". Well, depending on what you need, just simply pretty renders or the setup needs to be linear. 

How does your result look like in Vray Frame Buffer? If possible, share some screenshots. 
    I'll reset the settings and give it another try.
    I'll check if i can show any screenshots and get back to you.