Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Oni - Beneath the waves (real time Character)

polygon
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
BentoRibeiro polygon
Hello everyone this work was for the Challenge Beneath the Waves at Artstation. I'd like to hear your opinion on how to consider improvements in new characters that you can work on.

Replies

• nekromantikko
    Offline / Send Message
    nekromantikko polycounter lvl 2
    Looks awesome, great work! My only complaint is that the sandals look a bit weird, since they appear to just be painted on the feet as an afterthought. Other than that I love it, the different materials are all great

EDIT: btw looks like you've made two threads by accident
  • dGreenberg
    Offline / Send Message
    dGreenberg polycounter
    The anatomy for this guy looks awesome and the final result turned out great, @BentoRibeiro! Seconding what @jpr said about the sandals since they look a little rushed. It would be cool to see some actual foot definition with this (maybe with webbed toes?). 

Checking out his chin I think it would have been great to have some different values on his mask to help make them pop a little bit. I actually didn't notice the chin piece in the finished shot, but it caught my eye in the high poly sculpt. His face has such a cool silhouette but I think the darker color of his chin piece is getting lost and removing focus from his head. The teeth of the mask could probably use a little more color, and putting some gradients to break up a little of the flatness would go a long way (mostly in the large, single value areas like the belt-tooth, the skin, and the metal on his weapon). 

It's great that you were able finished this guy up man! Congratulations!
  • BentoRibeiro
    Offline / Send Message
    BentoRibeiro polygon
    Thanks for the feedback! The mask deserved a little more color, I actually lost something there :)
    The analysis was execelente, very grateful!