Home Adobe Substance

Curvature map baking - Seams on render

LuckyNinja
polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
LuckyNinja polycounter lvl 11
Hi there guys I'm having some problems with trying to bake a curvature map on a model I'm working on. I've also had pretty much exactly the same issues with Xnormal, which I'll show in the pictures as well, but I'm posting here as I'm looking to familiarise myself with Allegorithmic's products

Basically, when I bake the high-poly onto the low, by and large all the other maps (AO, normal) function well, but I get horrible seam lines on the curvature map. Needless to say, this is causing a whole host of issues when trying to use Painter's tools that use the curvature as an input. The seams roughly match up with the topology and faces of the high-poly. I have tried messing about with the smoothing groups of both the high-poly and the low-poly, to no avail (unless I'm doing something wrong there.) If someone can help me out with this I'd greatly appreciate it!

Admitedly the cage is rough, causing artifacts on parts of the render, but in this case I think the issue is independent of the cage, as the areas worst-affected on the curvature map render fine with all other outputs.

Cheers,

L

Replies