Home Quixel Megascans

Answered: Request: Bone Material

Goshi
polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Goshi polycounter lvl 5
hello,

there are lot´s of different "flesh" and "guts" on the library - but no bones. I think this should be added asap, because it is kind of general material, like concrete and such!

Replies

• Synaesthesia
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    I'm sure you'll see something like that soon. ;)
  • Goshi
    Offline / Send Message
    Goshi polycounter lvl 5
    so - it´s been 10 Weeks+, but still no Bone Material... how long do you think, will it take?

kind Regards
  • Synaesthesia
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    We're prioritizing metals, concretes, woods, and other manmade materials currently. I don't have any ETA that I could publicly give for a bone material appearing on the site, unfortunately. What you could do in the meantime, however, is use an existing scan (like a smooth concrete) in Mixer and adjust it until it looks very similar, if not outright identical to bone. :)
  • Goshi
    Offline / Send Message
    Goshi polycounter lvl 5
    Yeah - I really would like to do that - but still I can not make use of mixer, because I got no subscription for megascans atm. Like I said some time ago, why not open mixer to work with the library, that ships with Quixel Suite 2.x?
  • Synaesthesia
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    A few reasons, actually! The primary one being that the library that ships with Suite 2 is not designed for that purpose, and it's also compressed to reduce the installer's file size. Also, even if it did work with the Suite texture library, you'd still need an active Megascans subscription in order to launch the Mixer tool.