We are right now looking at potential candidates and have therefore closed off submissions for now Tunnel Vision Games is looking for a 3D artist
who can work on our first-person puzzle game See You On The Other Side
, which is being developed in Unity
. We need your help taking the game’s visuals to the next level and make it look even more awesome!
The position begins around March 2018.
The graphical style of See You On The Other Side has already been found — but it still needs polishing and a ton of 3D assets.
Your job will be to:
– Create modular 3D assets to populate whitebox’ed levels
– Work with a simplistic, low-poly art style
– Import and implement assets in Unity
– Find creative ways to make puzzles look like actual rooms (i.e., rooms that just “coincidentally” have puzzles in them)
– Optimize assets for performance on PC and consoles (i.e., polycounts, LODs, batching, occlusion culling, etc.)
What we are looking for in a graphical artist:
– You will be creating many assets, so efficiency is more important than polishing
– Expert 3D modeller who likes working in quick iterations (e.g., implement and test your ideas quickly, “fail faster”)
– Experience with working in Unity
– Experience with creating and working with modular/reusable 3D assets for games
– Have an understanding of visual communication in games (eg., framing a level in first-person, guiding the player, etc.)
– Understanding of storytelling through semi-static environments
Bonus if you have:
– Experience with 2D drawing and/or concept art
– Experience with animation
– Experience with source-control (e.g., Git or SVN)
– Experience with shaders
– Experience with the fundamentals of programming
– An indie/startup mentality and can navigate in an ever-changing work environment
– The possibility to be in Aalborg (Denmark) and work at our office occasionally
What we provide:
– The opportunity to work on an award-winning project
– Fun and playful colleagues who love games, movies (and burgers)
– Nice office environment surrounded by other cool companies and startups
– We work in a flat hierarchy where everybody can contribute, even outside their own fields of work
About See You On The Other Side:
See You On The Other Side is an atmospheric first-person indie puzzle game where you cannot walk in the shadows. The game takes inspiration from titles such as The Talos Principle, Antichamber, Portal, INSIDE and The Turing Test.
The game has won the prize Most Innovative Game at Casual Connect. It has also received funding from The Danish Film Institute twice.
What we need from your application:
– Your resumé with all relevant education and prior work
– Your portfolio in either PDF format or as an URL – portfolio must at least contain some examples of environment assets for games (bonus for WIP examples and breakdowns)
About Tunnel Vision Games:
Tunnel Vision Games is an indie company founded by five graduates from Aalborg University. We are located in Aalborg, the northern part of Denmark. We all love playing and making games — both digital and board games. We strive to create innovative and fun games for players of all ages.
If you have questions about the job you can contact:
Philip Nymann (CEO)
+45 20 62 35 11