Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Creative Contest 2017 Riot Creative Contest 2017 - Narrative

Fire Treatment [complete]

cixh
null
Offline / Send Message
cixh null
After lotsa work, changing up my three yordles, I got to the version I'm happy with.

Replies

• cixh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cixh null

**The Fire Treatment**

The night was colorfully black with a spat of fuzziness. It made the forest look delightfully spooky. Between the trees, in a little glade, three yordles sat by a campfire. One of them was quite elderly but vigorous, he set up his toys around the camp. One was smaller and positively restless, sporting a fancy purple coat. She preferred to talk to some invisible friends near the bushes. The last one was explicitly sad and almost completely bandaged. This yordle sat close to the fire, warming feet.

"Recalibrate your happiness deltas, my dear friend. It is measurably unlike you to profess such negative feelings" argued the old one, adjusting a turret. "My fantastic inventions will set your health and inner realm of turbulence back on track." The bandaged one just shuffled feet. "Hah, we agree with the moustaches! Eyes on me. I'll give you a thousand smiles!" added the girl making swirling noises and showcasing imaginary yet grand explosions.

"My forest-dwelling fairy-loving dear! I accepted your presence here so that you provide us with professional assistance" the silver-haired yordle noted. "I know that.And the squirrel too. We do it. All around here. Yes, sir. Haha. Oh, yes" she continued to mumble and walk around in place.

"What am I doing?" thought the bandaged person. "Friends told me to train. I crossed the land and beat up thugs. I even climbed a mountain or two while training with monks. And all of that without my Boomer. Popps said I do it this way. I'll find more by myself with myself.”

"Magnificent! I believe my turrets will be able to mend your wounds in record time" shouted the elder inventor. The wounded, though, was only interested in one thing,"Do you have my love?"

"Do not worry your delightful head, I do have what you requested but please rest for now and sate my curiosity by providing us with the story of your recent misadventure." he smiled.

"But then you bring Boomer?" Old one nodded to which the bandaged one sighed and spoke, "I was bouncing around the country, using some of my new skills. Happy to be strong, unstoppable. And then I met this little magical girl. She seemed powerful, so I says, 'Fight me, girl!' She beat me to a pulp with a bear, and then burnt me to a crisp with a spell..." The little purple yordle giggled, "Your hands and feet. They are not for kicking and stabbing, and definitely not for magicking folks away. Even we know that."

The older yordle stroked his moustache. "Still, the experience that you have accumulated in this little outing will serve you well and let you further blossom" he pointed out. "According to my scanners your health is in an extremely positive state. The only element of yourself that was significantly hurt is your pride, my dear." Purple yordle grew confused, "She has lions?"

"No, no. I am speaking of the usual meaning of the word - honor, dignity. I am not sure if my machines can fix that, though I can offer some electric shock treatment. I am told it works... On occasion." The little one understood this as a suggestion and, wanting to help, started a conjuring. "Oh. Ok then. I better bring Boomer" the elder jumped into the nearest bush.

A brutal growl thundered the trees. In a moment the earth shook and a large bear ran into the middle of the group. It had a little girl on its back.

All the meticulously set up turrets that were there for healing, beeped and bopped, but didn't turn to the blasting-bears-off-the-ground mode. The purple healer still stood still while the bandaged yordle sat by the fire seemingly unaffected by the signs of apparent danger. The bear rider noticed it and jumped off the beast straight onto the sad person. The sole of her foot struck into the face of the poor sap, and send him flying.

Then a yell "Never outgunned!" echoed through the forest. And a weapon flew towards the camp. At first it seemed like it was about to hit the bandaged yordle in the head. Yet it didn't. It flew right into her hands. After a millisecond of contemplation, she started shooting. The girl reacted by dodging, the bear by roaring.

Unfortunately, the rockets weren't fast enough. They were missing one target and doing nothing to the other. Bandaged one concentrated, took all of her energy and transferred it into her bazooka. The gun whirred like a purring kitten, it's mechanisms working in unison, faster than ever before. "I'm a gunner" she muttered. The rockets exploded like mad unto the bear, throwing the girl off her rhythm and into a nearest tree. The Boomer-wielding yordle recognized her chance. Shouting some merry gibberish, she aimed the rocket launcher at her feet. Boom. The explosion put her into the air and she drifted it like a flying buffalo. Then, by steering the saddled blast with her soles of steel, she landed on top of the furry beast. The rocket she fired at that moment felled the bear who crashed onto the campfire.

Complete darkness engulfed the yordles. The girl didn't mind and conjured a fireball in her hand. Now there was only her and the gunner left on the battlefield.

The bandaged one put her hands on the gun and started to channel energy into it. She shot. Did she miss? It was too dark to tell. But then she kept on firing. The human dodged and jumped like a lunatic. There was something wrong, though. Tick Tock. Coming from behind her. The bomb stickied to her skirt ticked and tocked until the inevitable BOOM.

The summons disappeared in smoke. Both the bear and the girl. Bandages started to fall off the gunner's head. First you could see those resolute large eyes and then the smile. Her wide crazy smile.

"I feel good!" she shouted. "I have lions!"

Three yordles sat by a campfire. The trees around them were broken and the grass was covered in ashes, but the yordles were pleased.