Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Creative Contest 2017 Riot Creative Contest 2017 - Illustration

[Riot Creative Contest 2017] Revenge of the Star Forger

Jackalmore
null
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Jackalmore null
Welcome! I'm gonna keep this short and sweet. Basically, I'm taking an old version of an Aurelion Sol piece I did upon his release and revamping it for this contest!
Without further ado, here is my original:

I will be attempting to remake this over the next few days to hopefully hit the deadline. Wish me luck!

1/31/18 Down to the wire! All done! Unfortunately, the dark colors don't translate onto the browser well at all. It looks fine pulling it up in Photoshop and on the PC in general but chrome? Nah. T.T I can provide a download link for anyone who wants it though!

Replies

• Jackalmore
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jackalmore null
    Using the old image as a color palette, I cut out the old crown(Because it was a nightmare to render and there was no way I was redoing the entire thing) and played around with the shape of it until it fit my new perspective.

• Jackalmore
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jackalmore null

After some sketching and playing around with the form of Aurelion Sol's face, I finally decided on a perspective and size I wanted, as well as the environment I was shooting for.
  • Jackalmore
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jackalmore null

Because I build an image from back to front, I went ahead and began marking off important landmarks and building the structures of Mount Targon slowly. 
  • Jackalmore
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jackalmore null

After adding some particles and some suddle story-telling elements (Shout out to Leona and Pantheon anyone?) I am finally ready to work on Aurelion Sol's body. After this, I will then move onto the outer rock elements and add some dramatic lighting elements.

EDIT** My screenshot software bumps the contrast on this image significantly, so the actual image is a bit more balanced.
  • Jackalmore
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jackalmore null
    Final Image

This image is best viewed in browsers other than Chrome!  I finished before the deadline shockingly. Had I found this contest one day prior, I'd be able to deliver something a bit more clean BUT it is what it is :D If you would like a .jpeg download, I can provide it!