Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Creative Contest 2017 Riot Creative Contest 2017 - Narrative

[WIP] Ezreal and Lux in a Valentine's day supplementary narrative

lcookie23
null

Lux,

In my adventures I have found no item of utility greater than rope. A length of rope can be used to climb up, or down. Attach a hook and the rope allows for distant grappling; tie a loop in the rope and toss it at a great wyrm on the Sahryn plains, then hold on tight.

The property of rope that I find most incredible is its strength-by-bond reinforcement. No single rope is a singular item. Rather, rope is formed in the combination of twine, which is in turn created by binding together two strings.

Of course you know all about bindings. I remember one of the first things you did when you discovered your light powers: overwhelmed with excitement you walked up to the castle door, turned to face the sun, and cast your arm arm wholeheartedly in a beam of sparkles. It was wondrous, until those sparkles faded. You were disappointed at first, as it appeared that your magic had dissipated. Then the sparkles burned again, brighter, dancing in the daylight. It was as if your light had been bound to the sun's rays. Two lights were intertwined, each making the other brighter, and stronger. It was your first light binding.

I am glad to have been with you when you discovered your powers. I wish you could have seen it when I discovered this oversized mystical glove. I know you're busy, being a princess and everything. I know that our childhood was a long time ago. Now we're going on our own adventures, separately, unbound from our old limits. However, in all my adventures I have fond no person great than you.

A piece of rope makes for a good companion while spelunking through caves, but I seek a new adventure. I I would like to take my next adventure with you. I really like you. There. I said it. You are the happiest, most considerate, and altogether the nicest girl I know. I still love exploring, and I will always have part of a rope in my heart. I just hope that rope in my heart can tether to you.

There will be a banquet in Demacia soon, as you know. The people of your kingdom will celebrate shared history and personal bonds, exchanging gifts and cutting hearts of paper. Then everyone will eat candy and say nice things. Would you like to go with me to the banquet? That is to say, Lux, will you be my valen-twine?

-Ez