Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Adam

Adamp34
node
Offline / Send Message
Adamp34 node
This week I decided to learn zbrush and vray (working in Maya)

this is a work in progress and I plan to add hair an eyebrows etc - this is a first learning project with zbrush, I made this bust from imagination and used dynamesh and then did a quick polypaint for the starting point of the colour. I think probably it would have been better to use reference images - this was maybe a 'play around' that went too far. I als decided to give vray a try for this one and i'm playing with the skinmtl. next step is to learn xgen finally.......

All advice welcome as it helps to self motivate my learning and makes the pictures better!

Many Thanks!

Replies

• Adamp34
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Adamp34 node
    so I added some hair - had to learn how to use xgen which was a headache at first, Xgen REEEEEALLLLLLYYYYYY doesn't like spaces in folder names at all.....anywhere so I had to reconnect ALL my texture files, Let this be a lesson tto all you beginners!
    I'm kind going for the type of guy that I used to see when I worked in a bar when I was younger (english pub to all of you) The kind of hopeless case that would show up at 11am drink beer all day from "their' glass and complain about everything whilst watching football (soccer) even though the tv is on endless match highlights.

• polypassion
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    polypassion polycounter lvl 9
    How are you going to decide whether you've learned zbrush or not?
  • Adamp34
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Adamp34 node
    How are you going to decide whether you've learned zbrush or not?

I think it comes down to feeling confident to fulfill a brief. As with all software, it’s easy to just pick it up and do something to your own expectation but in order to fulfill someone elses expectation (for money) you have to know the software and all the tricks to speed up the workflow. I think after “YouTube watching” stage then “web challenge” stage begins....
  • Adamp34