Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Creative Contest 2017 Riot Creative Contest 2017 - Narrative

[WIP] Jinx: A Day in Imaginary Diary Entries

0200 - Couldn’t sleep. I kept blowing things up in my dream and it got too noisy. I’m bored.

0201 - Poked my conscience to check if he’s still real. The ball of fur rolled over and muttered something about bombs. How loud are his explosions in his dreams? At least we’re on the same page. good.

0202 - b

0203 - o

0204 - r

0205 - e

0206 - d

0207 - Enough lazing about. Gotta start the day right with a thing. It starts with b. I need to figure out what it was again.

0208 - I blew up a truck smuggling explosives for a Chem Baron. Which one? I don’t know but only one person’s gonna be blowing stuff up in this town and that’s me (my conscience is part of me so he doesn’t count duh) 

0209 - Stomach wants food now. Stomach will get food.

0210 - Breakfast time. Cakes from my last trip to Piltover. Running out soon. Note to self: blow up shop again so I get more cake.

0215 - These cakes are too good. More cake.

0230 - I ran out of cakes. Whoops.

0230 - Spotted a warden taking a stroll. Lame.

0231 - Wardens don’t show up in my playground until I actually make something go boom boom. Time for a little sneaky sneaky following

0235 - I have arrived at the Rusty Trombone, a bar acting as a front for Baron Grynch. Warden boy hasn’t noticed me. Truly I am the best sneaker.

0240 - I am sitting in a corner figuring out how to get past the muscly man at the door and see what Mr Warden Man is up to. Thinking is harder than making things combust. Hnnng. 

0241 - I put on a moldy chem-manufactorum worker helm. This is now my thinking cap. The goggles will help me see into the future.

0241 - The helmet will be part of my disguise. Now I not only am the best sneaker, but also a genius.

0242 - My cover story will be that I am Squeaker McMouse. I am short and my voice sounds like a girl’s because I inhaled some funny fumes. You can blame anything on the fumes and get away with it. This will be easy.

0243 - Before I can walk to the big man at the entrance I hear a howl and the raking of claws on stone. 

0245 - The wolf man thing is currently in the bar breaking everything including people. This is the most adorable thing since finding my conscience. 

0300 - Should I go pet it? I wanna go pet it.

0300 - I threw the moldy helmet away. It smelled like drool. The only drool that smells okay is my own. Goodbye helmet!

0301 - It ran away from me. Bad dog.

0401 - I have been following the blood left by Mr Wolf's paws but I can’t tell which blood is which anymore because there’s too much on the pavement. Why can’t everyone have different coloured blood? 

0402 - Now I want a pet. 

0403 - As boring as Piltover is, their pets are a lot prettier than the ones I see in Zaun. Zaun pets aren’t shiny because everything here is grimy and dirt-stained.