Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Creative Contest 2017 Riot Creative Contest 2017 - Narrative

Heimerdinger - The Makings of a City

Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Yordles. Pernicious little things. Tiny packages of fur, determination and mystery. What they lack in origin they do make up for with action, and at the end of the day there is no trouble remembering their names. Sure, those names are spat out or murmured with hate. Nonetheless, they exist somehow.

But what if Yordles could become more? If, through struggling and learning, make a place entirely theirs? In my piece, I transform Heimerdinger from affable inventor to a visionary with an entirely different project: the creation of a city just for Yordles. I believe my story builds the world and has creative impact because of events happening in real life right now. When your kind is known for being so diverse, a product of a dozen different cultures and situations, is it even possible to band together? 

In The Makings of a City, a short piece on the genius inventor Heimerdinger, I explore the lengths of the Yordle's project. Atop a balcony overlooking Swain's bounty, Noxus, the oppressive atmosphere and the distance he has already gone beleaguers the aspirant. And yet, Swain realizes a potential drastically different from his own.    

I will be commenting with PDF drafts as my piece develops.