Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Creative Contest 2017 Riot Creative Contest 2017 - Narrative

[Final] Friend... Delicious

vyang27
null
Offline / Send Message
vyang27 null
First draft of my Kog'Maw narrative. I attempted to capture the "puppy" aspects of Kog'Maw by telling the story through the eyes of a nomad boy living in the Tempest Flats, an area under the reach of Ancient Shurima. 

Replies

• vyang27
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vyang27 null
    Final version of my short story. No major adjustments, but some words were replaced and others switched around to improve flow. 

Some more insight into the setting and plot of the story...

Kog'Maw is at the moment one of my champions, but I was sad to see there was no additional lore behind him besides his bio in the Universe page. 

Much of this story is based on his bio. The Tempest Flats, as well as Kog'Maw's naive, curious nature were inspired by his description on the universe page. The bio also mentioned that Kog"Maw devoured an entire tribe of nomads. I wanted to show how this creature of the void was led to the tribe, and I thought that paralleling Kog'Maw's curiosity with a child's sense of wonder would be the perfect way to do it. 

The creatures in this story, the Xer'Sai, Eka'Sul, and Ralsiji, were taken from mentions in different Shuriman short stories on the Universe site and the Shurima Wiki page.

This was an incredibly fun story to write! I've always been a huge lore nerd, and was super excited to see that more development and love was being given to world building and story through the Universe page. I love the short stories, (my personal favorites being Janna's, Rammus', and Ivern's), so I was ecstatic to see that there was a narrative element to this contest.

Good luck to all the other writers!