Home Freelance Job Postings

[PAID] Technical Maya Artist Simple Rigged Polygonal VFX

BlankMauser
polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
BlankMauser polycounter lvl 8
Hello!

I'm looking for someone to complete a relatively simple task. In my game I currently have smears on weapon slashes done by animating bones on the sword mesh. This looks fairly decent for the type of stylized game I'm making, similar to the practices in Guilty Gear Xrd. You can see our setup here:

However, we want to make the stylization easier across the board and simply create a simple re-usable rigged plane mesh. So we can achieve a similar look to this:

The reason I would like this commissioned is because I would like something re-usable and artist-friendly. Being able to get smooth arc control using bones like I've shown above should be relatively simple. The other thing I would like is the ability to control how narrow the "fringes" are on the side. To scale the middle parts of the model to make the smear-like shape. Giving the artist the ability to control this using a blend/modifier key would be good. Having a way to reset the center of the arc to make both arcs and straight lines would be good too. Maybe a constraint that ties the base to a point, versus unlocking them for a straight line.

It only needs flat colors. So we need the polygons to be their own UV islands separated into 3-4 "stroke" colors. 

If this technical work is something that interests you please message me here or email me at earthromancer@gmail.com. Thank you for your time!