Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Creative Contest 2017 Riot Creative Contest 2017 - Illustration

[Riot Creative Contest 2017] Super Galaxy Orianna

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Velurie polycounter lvl 4
Hey all! I'm Velurie, Velvy for short! And boy, am I late.  I was originally going to make character art but I decided against it since I do not have enough experience to finish it in time (Maya feels too slow for character building).

LATEST UPDATE::

I decided to settle for an illustration instead and wanted to challenge myself by tackling a skin concept! Orianna doesn't receive enough love so I felt she was the perfect candidate for this experiment. Since she is a robot, the space/futuristic theme seemed like an interesting role to plop her in. Below is my inspiration:

Here are a couple of painterly/rough thumbnails I came up with over the past 2 days.

I'm currently trying to decide which one is more desirable, or which piece of the design would look better with a thumbnail opposite of itself? The "wheel" between her body is currently still in development along with her ball. I will be drawing thumbnails of them while I'm in class today and post them later along with some splash art roughs.

Weapon Designs I doodled in class -- I'm leaning towards the first one heavily:

Replies