Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

(WIP) Major Motoko Kusanagi sculpt.

Lilacwine
polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
Lilacwine polycounter lvl 9
Hi there!

I've recently started a sculpt in my free time of Motoko Kusanagi from Ghost in the Shell. I'm aiming to get half-way between the manga visual style and a more realistic depiction.
I've been looking at strong women body types as well as references like Chun Li from Street Fighter to get a exaggerated body that still looks natural. 
At this point I feel like something is off with the overall proportions. I want it to have the big exaggerated thighs and tiny waist but I'm not sure it looks natural. I think some adjustment to the torso might help??

I've never really tried a project this complicated or outside of realistic proportions before so I feel a bit lost. Any comments/criticism you have would be greatly appreciated.
I will attach a few more shots later today but this one should give a decent idea of what I'm trying to achieve.

The head is a placeholder at the moment and quite basic (and also quite masculine) but it's really

My reference image is:
https://imgur.com/a/OnKDR
But again, I'm not really trying to match this style 1:1.

Replies

• carvuliero
    Offline / Send Message
    carvuliero hero character
    Yeah proportions are all over the place , especially legs they look like if she borrowed them for a while 
    Better leave cloths until your anatomy is fixed
    You could watch original version and get screenshot of the move , there are few scene in which she is nude
    Or you use suitable substitution of real female - I am attaching few that might fit the bill-