Home Technical Talk

How do I make textures tileable within Quixels DDO?

Easton
vertex
Offline / Send Message
Easton vertex
Hi,

I am having trouble finding out how to add tiled textures in Quixel DDO. When I add a texture to a part that is outside my UV space I need it to be tiled but am not sure how...

What is the solution to this? It should be WAY more detailed, its using 4k Megascans but is absurdly stretched and zoomed in.

Replies

• Obscura
    Offline / Send Message
    Obscura grand marshal polycounter
    You can scale up the uv of the tiling material so it covers a bigger area of the texture.
  • Easton
    Offline / Send Message
    Easton vertex
    Okay. Now that I figured that out, I was wondering about something else with Quixel DDO. How would I change the size or tiling of my textures in DDO?

I know how to do it in Substance Painter, but not sure about DDO.

Basically I just need to make the tiling really small so I can get the most detail
  • sharpened
    There's a scale slider for each layer in DDO (set to 0 by default but you can slide it negative to repeat the texture and positive to grow it), but if you're not adding additional detail on top of this (painting, making edge details, etc) best practice is what Obscura said, scale your UVs, not your tileable texture.  Tileable textures should always be only one tile, that way you get maximum resolution over your model.  If you scale your texture so it repeats in 4 quadrants, and say have a 4096x4096 texture, you're really only getting repeats of 1024x1024.

If you're asking about export size, this is set up where you make the inputs for DDO, and make sure when you export, it is set as large as you initially set it up.  

Hope this helps