Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Need Help , criticism , suggestion

Archsider
null
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Archsider null
Hi , I just stumbled upon Ploycount a few months ago and darn , this is a gold mine. 
Here is my portfolio
https://www.artstation.com/archsider
, I'd love if anyone would provide some critique/suggestion , where I am lacking , where I need to get good ? etc etc , what condition am I on currently ?
This is my latest model :
model

Thank you and have a great day ^_^)

Replies

• pmiller001
    Offline / Send Message
    pmiller001 greentooth
    Hey dude, so a fwe things

- personaly the red chick and blue chick are your strongest pieces so i'll focus on those. 

-it would behoove you to pose this character atleast a little bit. 
    -Your materials could use work. At a glance, things look a bit samey. Even the parts that are supposed to be "heated" parts of the tendrils seem like they're made out of the same material as the rest of the mesh. 
    - Take off that turn around. It makes it very difficult to look at your model. YOu really only need 2 shots, 3 at most. Back 3/4 and front 3/4. There are some pros who do different things so use your best judgement. 
    - You have SO MUCH space on both sides of the model in the first image. I'd upload these in a completely different way, because right now theres a bunch of wasted real estate. I Ifyou really wanto post a turnaround, use sketchfab or marmoset viewer. 
    -Your model is small, I can barely see anything. That has to do with the above mentioned comment. 
    -Post your texture maps, as well
    -Give us some details, How many polys is this, texture size, etc etc. 
    -Give some interesting lighting too, (this falls under presentation). Right now its ultra flat. So really make this fucker pop. It'll look really good when you do. 

these critiques apply to the woman in blue as well. 
    I'd get rid of your weapons , and the first 3 images on your portfolio. Especially that bull, its really weighing you down. 
  • Archsider
    Hey dude, so a fwe things

- personaly the red chick and blue chick are your strongest pieces so i'll focus on those. 

-it would behoove you to pose this character atleast a little bit. 
    -Your materials could use work. At a glance, things look a bit samey. Even the parts that are supposed to be "heated" parts of the tendrils seem like they're made out of the same material as the rest of the mesh. 
    - Take off that turn around. It makes it very difficult to look at your model. YOu really only need 2 shots, 3 at most. Back 3/4 and front 3/4. There are some pros who do different things so use your best judgement. 
    - You have SO MUCH space on both sides of the model in the first image. I'd upload these in a completely different way, because right now theres a bunch of wasted real estate. I Ifyou really wanto post a turnaround, use sketchfab or marmoset viewer. 
    -Your model is small, I can barely see anything. That has to do with the above mentioned comment. 
    -Post your texture maps, as well
    -Give us some details, How many polys is this, texture size, etc etc. 
    -Give some interesting lighting too, (this falls under presentation). Right now its ultra flat. So really make this fucker pop. It'll look really good when you do. 

these critiques apply to the woman in blue as well. 
    I'd get rid of your weapons , and the first 3 images on your portfolio. Especially that bull, its really weighing you down. 
    Thanks a lot :D
    I fixed some of the obvious crappiness i.e. the huge space (it didn't come to my mind , I was so busy of modelling and texturing at that point)
    the red one has 9410 polys and 2k texture size, in the unreal 3 textures (old gen I guess) , gloss and specular. The latest crossbow one has pbr metalness/roughness texture.
    I'll pose it by this weekend and post some higher res images.
    I'll post the texture for the red one here :
  • Archsider
    textures for the body :

textures for the armor

• pmiller001
    Offline / Send Message
    pmiller001 greentooth
    Er I guess I should have been clearer? I didn't mean post it here. Generally That stuff is seen on your portfolio. haha
  • Archsider
    Er I guess I should have been clearer? I didn't mean post it here. Generally That stuff is seen on your portfolio. haha
    oh lol xD on my way :3