Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Creative Contest 2017 Riot Creative Contest 2017 - Character Art

[RIOT CREATIVE CONTEST 2017] Tarpit Zac

LightningShard5
polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
LightningShard5 polycounter lvl 8
This is Tarpit Zac. I feel that the real strength of Zac's character design is in his animations so I tried to capture his animations in multiple poses to really illustrate the strengths of the skin. Below each render is the sketchfab model for complete viewing freedom. 
model
This is Tarpit Zac's main form.

model
The Mammoth Skull punch and Triceratops punch utilized the main body texture map and have the new assets combined on their own texture.
modelmodel
Winged Tarpit Zac uses the main body model which uses the main body texture. The Wings and the T-Rex Jump share texture space.

model
This is Tarpit Zac's recall animation. He sinks in to a literal tarpit as some of his victims try to escape. Urf, and the pit itself have their own textures. The arms and splash share texture space with the small broken apart Zac pieces that are created when his health hits zero (seen in the group shot).model
Tarpit Zac in action!

Work in Progress Shots.

Finally, I goofed up in the beginning and missed that these models needed to be made with flat colors in mind. Here they are with the entire works as originally designed. 
model

Replies

• Alemja
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alemja hero character
    You're biggest problem right now is the lack of ambient AO and gradients. If you look at models from Riot you can see that they have AO and gradients that are from the top-down. Having those can really help your work have more of the Riot feel. I would also look in to giving some things some color variation, everything is monochromatic, some cooler colors for the shadows would be a good place to start.
    You also have norma maps and specular, both of which aren't used in Riot's game models. The models should look readable using only a self-lit painted texture.