Home Adobe Substance

Substance Painter - Missing UV Shells?

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
HammerB polycounter lvl 11
Hi, I'm having a super weird issue with Substance Painter.
This is a Knife I'm modelling for class in 3ds Max
I just finished doing the Uvs, pay attention to the zones pointed by the arrows 
In Marmoset the bake came out fantastic, no errors, artifacts or weird shading whatsoever

But when i get to Substance painter, part of the polyfons from the handle shape are missing, some are part of a uv shell, some are entire uv shells themselves. Since they are missing on painter, I can't texture them.

I tried to check for flipped Uvs, reseted xform, checked for non-welded vertices, reexported the fbx...nothing works and I can't understand the problem. ¿Someone knows what can be happening?

Replies

• Jerc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jerc interpolator
    Are you sure you only have one texture set in your project in Painter? Any way you could share the mesh to try to repro the issue?
  • HammerB
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HammerB polycounter lvl 11
    I Had one texture, but i figured it out the problem, during the creation of the mesh it seems i had a different material, but after a lot of modifiers, collapsed them and put 1 material for the entire mesh, after the export, somehow the Fbx "remembered" the old material that wasn't in use. So Substance picked it up and that was the problem.
    I have to re-apply the material set so it can be consistent in 1 uv sets for substance.
    So I know why the problem occured, now to keep working and solve it.
    I write it so if someone has the same issue knows how to fix it.
    But for me: problem detected, easily solvable.