Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Creative Contest 2017 Riot Creative Contest 2017 - Illustration

[Riot Creative Contest 2017] Bloodmoon Evelynn

null
Offline / Send Message
oriaart null
well... this was a wild ride of a piece ill tell ya. Worked on this for a whole frustrating 4 days. The design started out very basic, but as it evolved and I started adding more details it started looking more and more like bloodmoon diana. The composition near the middle was looking kinda bad so I had to change things up and took reference from eve's splashes. I noticed a recurring theme of her seducing and entrancing men, so I decided to go with that as my thematic element. I referenced many splashes to make this piece, but the most prevalent are, of course, all of the bloodmoon skins. The whole process of making this illustration was fun and ultimately I learned a shiz ton just doing it. Backgrounds will always evade my imagination, but I learned a lot more on how to make one from just this piece. Hopefully it lives up to everyone else's standards even though it barely lived up to mine xP
instagram: oriaart_
twitter: @oriaart_

-
initial sketch and composition

-
detailing and color

-
composition change! much (a bit too much) inspired by bloodmoon diana

-
touch ups!

-
finishing touches (OR ARE THEY!??) ended up changing the comp up after this one

-
complete composition change. zoom in added more thematic elements and ultimately tried to adhere to the current standards of riot splashes

-
rendering out cloth and changing some stuff up/ added japanese screen panels in the back

-
final render, might actually go back and add a few things to it/ touch it up a bit we'll see.