Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Creative Contest 2017 Riot Creative Contest 2017 - Illustration

[Riot Creative Contest 2017] Kindred - A new Lamb

Ingoro
null
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Ingoro null
Hi guys,

Too bad I couldn't join the contest earlier, still going to give it a shot though.

Although I love the majority of the art in League; skins, splash art, animations, etc. 
The thing is, I'm missing some of it building on the lore and underlying relationships of the champions. Because even if it doesn't gain much attention, some of the narrative stuff is really nice.

So after deciding I want to do something Kindred related for this contest, I searched up all Kindred related concept-art, illustrations and 
read through the narrative. The story "A Good Death" inspired me to build on the characters of Kindred.

My idea for an illustration(splash?) is combined with designing a new skin for Kindred. Instead of putting Kindred in an entirely new world and drastically change their appearance and theme I'm going to stick with what they originally looked like. 

My concept is that the original Lamb died by the hands of the actress in the short story and instead of the Yin-Yang synergy they had, it is now more that of a dog-keeper and her dog. Wolf is very weakened and muzzled thus resulted into the consumed souls trying to escaping. He started to age, making a great part of his fur more gray. 
The new lamb however, is an old woman by now, wearing the original's Lamb: mask & bow. She wears stilts to mimic Lamb's movement and even wears part of her skin as a cape to fool Wolf.

So that's it for the geeky stuff, I started off with Wolf's new shape sketch.  
Going to try to update every few days until the contest ends.

Current progress:

Replies

• Ingoro
    Offline / Send Message
    Ingoro null
    Update:
    Noticed my lines were pretty unreadable even in my sketch so I made them a little darker.

Did some sketching on Lamb, trying to incorporate her shape in that of a human. Happy how the stilts work out, not so sure about the lengthy arms though. Going to try some comps tomorrow. 

Current progress:

• Ingoro
    Offline / Send Message
    Ingoro null
    Thanks! Extremely small update: Tried to do some very very rhough sketches. Gonna try to get lines out before the deadline.