Home Marmoset

Performance slowly gets worse after loading a file. Reopening program resets performance.

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
james swanson polycounter lvl 5
It seems like marmoset's performance slowly gets worse over time, even if I'm not reloading a lot of files. Is there a reason for this? For instance I can open a large file with GI enabled, lots of textures and expensive shaders, soft lights, etc and it works buttery smooth, but after a short while, 15 or so minutes, it becomes noticeably slower. It's not a huge issue when texturing, but more so when animating, so I currently restart marmoset after about 15 minutes, or when I start to feel the performance degrade. Is this supposed to behappening? 

My system: 
win 10 64 bit w/creator update
32gb ram @ 1600mhz
gtx 980TI 6gb  and drivers up to date

Heres how it looks after I set a timer for 10 minutes. I opened the file, but didn't switch skies, shaders, or reload any textures or models. Marmoset's memory never seemed to increase much, but the performance was choppy. 

and here is how the framerate looks when I start the program:

I also tested turning off GI, local reflections, and ssao, but they don't seem to gain back any performance. Anyone else have/had this issue?

Replies

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This is not something we've seen before. I've got a few questions:

When this happens, what sort of actions are you doing? For instance, are you moving the camera around or tweaking material settings or something of that nature, or are you adding more objects and lights (making the scene more complex)?

Does your scene have a lot of geometry?

Does your scene have many lights?

If you can send me a copy of your scene I will take a look at it.
  • james swanson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    james swanson polycounter lvl 5
     When I tested it, I only opened the file.I didn't switch skies, shaders, or reload any textures or models. I just let it sit open on my pc for 10 minutes.

My scene isn't very large. It has about 90k tris, just one animated mesh). It does have a lot of lights but they're in separate skies, with in their own groups, but usually there aren't many on. I'd say no more than 10 on at a time. 

The weird thing is it happens regardless of what I'm doing. If I just leave marmoset there for an hour or so and come back to it, it's really laggy and requires a restart. So even when I do nothing with the program, it degrades. I'll send my current file when I get a chance.
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Okay thanks, the easiest way to send the scene is to go to File -> Export -> Scene bundle, and the zip up the .tbscene and /assets/ folder, this will ensure that all supporting files are linked properly.