Hi there polycount!
I'll try to be brief so as to not take too much of your time:
About: 2 months in development (in total, over the course of 1.5 years...), Project PI aims to create a 3D, topdown, low-poly, comic-book style open world detective game, built in the unreal engine.
Now, I know that open-world sounds quite ambitious, but it is actually a very small open world, which partially made using procedurally generated buildings and placed props.
Setting: The game is set in an alternate history 1920's with a mix of noir and retro-futurist vibe (think dieselpunk, but with electricity), in a crime-infested metropolis on the brink of crisis, where the protagonist is hired to solve a series mysteries, some of which are linked together to form an overarching plot. The details are yet to be worked out, hopefully by a skilled writer.
Progress: So far, we have managed to build a test version where you can drive around a lifeless, and glitched-out, cookie-cutter town, which is available for download from our discord.
What we are looking for:
- Low-polycount modellers: In order to expand the game world, we are in need of simple, no-thrills models, street signs, road sections, sections of building exteriors, Trees, Vehicles, and in-door furniture/props. You are free to work in your own pace, no deadlines, only encouragement.
- Character Artist/Animator: Someone with slightly more skill, to model characters in low-poly style. Again, no need for textures or UVs. If you can rig and/or animate, that a plus but not really necessary, as we can take care of that.
- 2D artists: For various tasks such as UI, concept art, cutscenes, or whatever you do the best.
To apply: Send me a PM, and I will reply with a link to our discord.
What we may also be looking for:
- If you have no skills what so ever, or have beginner 2D, 3D skills, I am willing to train you up to an amateur-ish level, which will be quite sufficient for your participation in the project, if you are willing to take the time.
- If you have other skills (Music, soundfx, writing, voice acting, unreal programming/level design) and if you are really interested in our project, I'll add you to our list of contacts, and contact you when the time is right.