Home Marmoset

Reset Model position/transformations?

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
Geosmith polycounter lvl 6
Hello.

Just recently got into Marmoset baker. I like to keep the majority of my parts as individual objects/groups. In Painter it's a lowpoly that will be matched to the highpoly of the same name, but since Marmoset requires individual groups, I thought I'd just duplicate an existing baking group and replace the source models.

The position of the newly swapped in models seems to be off, but not all the time, sometimes the highpoly is in the correct place whilst the low isn't. Haven't tested if it's pivot related so I'm not sure, but it's somewhat tedious having to delete the old model and create a new model object. A reset position or transform button be super helpful.

Replies

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Toolbag supports name matching similar to Painter, so in general you shouldn't manually set up the bake groups. Use the quick loader to automatically set up bake groups based on naming conventions.

See Toolbag Setup section of this tutorial: https://www.marmoset.co/posts/toolbag-baking-tutorial/
  • Geosmith
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I see, I skimmed over most of the documentation and when I saw bake groups I assumed that's how matching is handled. 

This still leaves the problem of duplicating models. If I were to export one fbx with all of my lowpoly meshes to be handled by the naming scheme, it would be very tedious to have to select every object I want exported after any modification. But having an individual fbx for each lowpoly means duplicating and replacing the source file witihin Marmoset will create the wrong transforms. 

• Geosmith
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Would also like to add that object transforms break whenever you reset xform in Max. This could happen for something as simple as normalising UVs. Gotta delete and reimport each object when this happens.