Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

(Stylized Environment Critique) Day One: packing with my dog in post-apocalyptic

greentooth
Offline / Send Message
tythomas063 greentooth
Hello everyone! 

This is my 3d stylized environment that I'm currently working on. I'm currently a student at university and about to search for the internships. So I want to add this project to my portfolio once I'm done with it. My goal is to become 3D environment artist in the video game industry, especially on stylized cartoon games. 

I chose to use the concept artwork by Ani Roschier( https://www.artstation.com/anirosc) that was based on post-apocalyptic and packing stuff with the character's dog. I wanted to learn how to make a 3D environment that was based off on the concept art. 

I will like to know what everyone thinks of my textures on props which were hand-painted in substance painter especially if there is any advice to improve my texture. I'm still pretty new to the hand-painting texture which I really enjoy a lot. 

The lighting and props are NOT baked yet. I'm planning to bake it once I'm sure I'm ready to bake it since baking can take sorta forever lol. Any advice on what I need to fix on my lightings and fog? 

Also, I tweaked little on my post process setting to bring out more color and lighting. 

I'm still planning to add some decals texture to few things like a cracked line on the window, specks of dirt on the wall, and etc.  I'm open to any suggestions and tips to make some changes to my scene to improve it.  Any critique and feedbacks will be greatly appreciated and helpful.

Thanks! :) 

Concept Artwork: 

My Project(WIP):

Replies

• tythomas063
    Offline / Send Message
    tythomas063 greentooth
    Update: I made some changes to my project including lighting, dirt and crack on the window and some of the materials. 

Let me know if there are any things that I should improve on, please. I would greatly appreciate if you have some critiques of my project.

Thank you for your time :)