Home Technical Talk

Mudbox Stencil Problem

ZebiMedia
null
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
ZebiMedia null

One problem I have with Mudbox that maybe some of you had already solved: When I try to paint the mesh the brush repeat itself in a circle instead of just projecting. Any advises? (Miror off). Let Me know.

Replies

• thomasp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thomasp hero character
    well, you're not using it as a stencil but as a brush-stamp. you'll need to scroll down in the brush panel and play with stamp spacing
    stencil is a different category, need to import your image there to use it as such.
  • ZebiMedia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZebiMedia null
    Incorrect. I was actually using the stamp is just now shown in that screenshot. 
    The problem still is that the brush,Stamp,stencil repeat itself in a clockwise patten for no reasons.

As you can see is doing it only on the "Viking stone" obj. Quadded (Quad Draw) mesh that I made in maya 2018
     (No pic to shown because "
    • You have to be around for a little while longer before you can post links.
    ")
  • ZebiMedia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZebiMedia null
    I want to post several Screenshots but this "stupid" system says that i can not post pictures? That's dumb :(

• fatihG_
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fatihG_ polycounter lvl 14
    Its an anti spam system. Stick around a bit more to get more privileges.

It's not 'for no reason', it looks like you have not set up your UV's correctly. The faces are overlapping in UV space.