Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Creative Contest 2017 Riot Creative Contest 2017 - Illustration

(Riot Creative Contest) | Illustration | Lee Sin - God Fist

Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Hi guys! My name is Erel Maatita from Surabaya, Indonesia.

I am a bit late in the game but I am gonna do my best to keep it up and finish before the deadline. I am doing an illustration of Lee Sin in the God Fist skin. I am really inspired by the splash art painted by Alex Flores. I am doing this challenge basically to challenge myself, and to learn how to paint better. 

For the first post, here's my thumbnail sketches. 

I am inspired by graphic shapes, strong lighting and cinematic composition. I think I might end up enlarging the canvas to match the cinematic aspect ratio I am aiming. 

I will post my next progress asap. 

Thank you!

Replies

• erelmaatita
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It's been forever since I posted here. With the deadline approaching, I think I am just gonna try finishing this to try out my rendering skill, and how can I focus on really what matters in the illustration. Here's my picked thumbnail, and I add a really rough lighting scenario. Gonna ramp up my speed. Gonna upload my color rough tomorrow night. 

• erelmaatita
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here's the color rough. really, really rough. I think I am gonna use the entire weekend to finish this. Gonna need a different strategy to make finish the piece in timely manner and as polished as possible.