Home 2D Art Showcase & Critiques

Looking for constructive feedback|environment|matte painting

null
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Lukerya null
Hey there! I tried diffirent ways to create an environment concepts, and I really like this. I need some advices and critique about composition, ligtning, photobash, tone and other stuff :)

Replies

• EVF
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EVF polycounter lvl 3
    really love that first environement, and I think the point with photobash is for the viewer to not detect the pictures used, so I would say successful :) but not smthg I do, so I might get corrected :D 
  • zachvance
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    zachvance polycounter lvl 2
    Your use of colour and light is good, and I like these concepts. My main gripe would be with the second image; I feel like my view is being lead to the bottom and right off the image. It may be more effective composition wise to raise the horizon/the tunnel's vanishing point so your viewer doesn't 'fall off' the page. Also, a slight adjustment in values would help to create more depth in both images.

Here's an example from Zoriy:

• Lukerya
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lukerya null
    zachvance said:
    Your use of colour and light is good, and I like these concepts. My main gripe would be with the second image; I feel like my view is being lead to the bottom and right off the image. It may be more effective composition wise to raise the horizon/the tunnel's vanishing point so your viewer doesn't 'fall off' the page. Also, a slight adjustment in values would help to create more depth in both images.

Here's an example from Zoriy:

Your advice on the second image is very useful. I didn`t notice theese bugs with tone and composition earlier. But now I see . Thank you! :)
  • Lukerya
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lukerya null
  • iacoccakhen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    iacoccakhen polycounter lvl 5
    These are really good, If I want you to improve, I would suggest get some gumroad tutorials man, your concepts is fresh, a little bit of gumroad will help you a long way, cheers!
  • JustinT
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JustinT polycounter lvl 2
    Really liking that first image!