Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Zippo Lighter! Feedback is appreciated

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
ionicotaco polycounter lvl 4

Made this zippo lighter recently. Would love some feedback since I am still an amateur when it comes to this stuff! 
Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Olingova
    Offline / Send Message
    Olingova interpolator
    Not bad :) You're planning on doing it for real time? Seeing the wireframe could be interesting.
    Maybe the finger dirt is a bit too big, usually those lighters are bigger thant that here it makes it look really small :p
  • ionicotaco
    Offline / Send Message
    I think I could do it for real time but didn't plan to do it. I will post the wireframe so you can see it. Yeah I can fix the fingerprint and make it smaller. 
  • Ayples
    Offline / Send Message
    Ayples vertex
    Heyo nice job. Something about the wheel thingy is bothering me-- it just looks really flat in the sides. Also you need a more believable rust pattern. It's just a random smattering of rust right now. They tend to get more damage around the edges and the top part of the casing. Don't be afraid to put some big rust spots on there and less of the little spots. Also maybe some blackened burn marks around the lighter.
  • ionicotaco
    Offline / Send Message
    Ok will fix the rust and yeah the side of the wheel looks really dull. Thanks for the feedback!