Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Creative Contest 2017 Riot Creative Contest 2017 - Environment Art

[RIOT CREATIVE CONTEST 2017] Environment Art - Julien Saliot

MrTartarus
polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
MrTartarus polycounter lvl 5
Hey Polycount

I present myself, My name Is Julien Saliot this is my first step to the riot creative constest, I heard late about it, but that will be a huge fun.
I Choose to work on the Environment Art section.
I don't really know the game but I was always facinate by the work you did, even now guys, so here I am ! ;)

Replies

• MrTartarus
    Offline / Send Message

I am not really good in concept art and illustration so I began with some references from others artists to build my own univers basically.

For the Turrets : I would like a dwarf statue, a lot of representation of the Dwarf Race ( tolkien, warhammer,...) is inspired by Norse Mythology, i Will try to build a statue of an holy dwarf soldier with some details of norse gods and ....an hammer...because this is really cool.
  • MrTartarus
    Offline / Send Message

For the creepden i'm thinking about the doors of Valhalla and to give an hammer to the turret.
  • MrTartarus
  • MrTartarus
    Offline / Send Message

For the HighPoly, I began with a little mesh just to have a good shape in the same view of the game.
    I worked on a single mesh on zbrush at first and separate the différents part of the body like : the head, the arms, the body,...

I finally had a cartoon rock statue of a dwarf. This take me 6 hours of work, but now I have to do the rotopology.