Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Creative Contest 2017 Riot Creative Contest 2017 - Environment Art

[RIOT CREATIVE CONTEST 2017] Environment Art - Ashley Cahill

Kitanie
vertex
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Kitanie vertex
I'm excited to finally have some time put aside to be able to do this.

I have been inspired by Nami's River Spirit skin. It was my favorite skin of all until the DJ Sona skin came out (who doesn't love the music?) I decided to make in inhibitor and creature den that feel like they belong in the same area as this skin. Vibrant plants as well as water features.

I have put together a mood board and a couple rough sketches of my idea so far. The three main colors that the pieces will feature are green, blue and pink

Replies

• Kitanie
    Offline / Send Message
    Kitanie vertex
    I have some new pictures that better illustrate my idea. I feel as though I can add more to them, but I'm not entirely sure what that is yet.

• Kitanie
    Offline / Send Message
    Kitanie vertex
    I have started some modeling on the inhibitor portion. It is approximately 2000 tris currently.
  • Kitanie
    Offline / Send Message
    Kitanie vertex
    Its been a while since I posted. Here are some of the work in progress shots of my den.

• Kitanie
    Offline / Send Message
    Kitanie vertex
    I have finished. Wish I had had more time to improve it (especially the textures) and my photshoping into the map could use some work, but it is complete,and I'm glad I finished it to some sense of the word. I used unreal engine to take my renders of the pieces completed. I feel as though my inhibitor was a bit more successful than my den.

• brettmarshalltucker
    Offline / Send Message
    brettmarshalltucker polycounter lvl 2
    Great job on these! Texturing was a challenge for me as well. I think a good first step (if you ever choose to rework these) would be to edit down your models to be even simpler. In the inhibitor, specifically, the base has so many divisions that are unnecessary. Most of the detail is too smooth in comparison to the models found in LoL. I would embrace the blocky nature of low poly art and let that base have fewer facets to it. Good luck and keep it up!