Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Creative Contest 2017 Riot Creative Contest 2017 - Illustration

[Riot Art Contest 2017] Elderwood Zoe

triangle
Offline / Send Message
Auwren triangle
For my submission, I'll be designing and illustrating my idea for Elderwood Zoe.

I'll start by making some concept art, and my final submission will be the completed illustration! (I'm hoping I'll have some time to make a small comic for her too.. just for fun)
I also plan to stream some of my process on twitch, so feel free to stop by :blush:
https://www.twitch.tv/auwren

Here's a basic description of my goals and thoughts:
 - The Elderwood skin line really suits Zoe as I feel it really encompasses her playful yet ethereal energy.
 - I'd like to include wings, like with LeBlanc's Elderwood skin, but they'd only appear during her backing, and running animations, and maybe during her ultimate. Her hair is enough of a statement the rest of the time.

Here's some of my already existing concept work: (work in progress)

Replies

• Auwren
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Auwren triangle

Here's the finished grayscale, and a colored version. I was initially thinking this would be the final design, but I sort of feel like taking the concept stage a bit farther... in any case, please enjoy my current progress.

Gosh darn, just realized I forgot to add horns to these concepts, a identifying quality on the Elderwood skin line. Seems I'll definitely be concepting more. Oh well, more fun for me!

By the way, suggestions and feedback are always welcome!
  • TheIceWolves
  • RedSinistra
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RedSinistra polygon
    Ajah! Found it! I only would suggest one thing. Since Zoe looks like "more cartoony" ingame, I would give her some "armor / leafy clothes" to her forearm and  feet as well. I say this because revising her original concept art, she has a "large limbs" that are very important for her movement animation in general.
    Also, I would add her "yoyo" on the final concept, and give her a wood medallion (In her regular skin and the Hacker skin she has something like a medallion).
    Keep it up! I really like this :D
  • OmNomNaomi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    OmNomNaomi triangle
    This is rly nice :o ideas for the abilities can be like Q throws an acorn lol with leaf trail, her W can be little flowers on the ground and the missiles can be flowers and leaves as well lol, the balloons can be a flower growing out of a minions lol, the E can be a few different things, idea from Leblancs skin it can be a flower bud shaped round that bursts and lays on the ground with mushrooms and sparkles lol, ulti can be tree trunk tunnels or diving directly into a pile of leaves lol (idk just some lil ideas) and her jumprope can be a vine with flowers on it, her yoyo can be a flower bud on a vine, oh yeah and her passive can be purple and green sparkle zap LOL that look like mushroom spores oh and maybe she can have lil wings since LeBlanc does ? ^^ 
  • Auwren
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Auwren triangle
    Some more concepts!!

I probably gotta get a move on... the end is near! Unfortunately there were issues with my tablet for a while :( I'll see what I can do by the deadline :)

As always, feedback is appreciated!
  • OmNomNaomi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    OmNomNaomi triangle
    OOOOH THIS IS LOOKING SUPER COOL! maybe you can add the leaf skirt to the left idea :D IT'S SUPER CUTE ;W; 
  • Auwren
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Auwren triangle
    Hey guys! I'm sorry I didn't upload this to polycount sooner (although I did make the submission deadline).

Here's the final work!

I also have some WIP stuff for you guys:

I'd really like to thank anybody who commented. Its great being a part of a community like this! This is the contest that really got me to join polycount and I'm definitely here to stay.