Home Career & Education

Escape Studios Short Courses ?

sparrargh
null
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
sparrargh null
Has anybody studied the 12 wk or 18 wk Video Game Art short courses? If so, was it worth it? Did you go in knowing nothing or next to nothing? Or did you go to update your existing skills? I’m proficient with Photoshop and I have basic knowledge of Blender, but that’s it. I also have never had a job in the video game industry. I mean, I’ve been working full-time as an admin in a finance company for the past two years.

Anyway, I ask because I’m considering registering for the 18 week Video Game Art and Effects Production course in Feb ‘18, but it’s £15,000.00. Which is almost the cost of 2 whole years of Uni. I know that you’re going to get what you put in, but I just don’t understand why 4 months of teaching costs so much. 

Replies

• Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I've added a question mark at the end of your subject line. Without the question mark, it looks like you're from advertising a course yourself. With it, people will be drawn in to answer your question.
  • pangaea
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pangaea polycounter lvl 5
    I would consider doing online courses instead. If you want to do environment art you could look at 3d cgma. I feel that your best bet to learn. Maybe take two courses a term. It would cost less than £15,000 and you will learn more. 

If you want to do character art you should look into Scott Eaton and mold3d.

Please don't waste a lot of money. Not sure what you could learn in 4 months unless you are really good in which case why even go there.