Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Creative Contest 2017 Riot Creative Contest 2017 - Illustration

[Riot Art Contest 2017] SweetHeart Taliyah

triangle
Offline / Send Message
BeccaBeeArts triangle
Hi! This is my first time posting here oh boy... I'm Becca, I've been playing league since season 3 and I even participated in the last contest back in 2014, boy how time fly's! Every year I look forward to holiday themed skins, particularly the Valentines ones (Last years group made me so happy.) When thinking about who I wanted to design a skin for, I always tend to float towards characters that I know don't get much love when it comes to getting skins. Seeing how Tahliya is fairly "new" she only has two skins and I've loved her character ever since she was announced (who doesn't love freckles come on)

So for now here's a moodboard, I love velvet as a texture and rococo everything so that's going to be a big influence when it comes to designing the skin. I'm pretty excited!

Replies

• BeccaBeeArts
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BeccaBeeArts triangle
    I have returned with some concepts for her outfit!

I'm a sucker for cute, and I think cute suits Taliyah.
    Little hearts floating around her sleeves is such a cute idea to me!
    The grayscale is a placement for now, shades will probably end up differently.
    What ones do you guys like the most?
  • cs_rowan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cs_rowan triangle
    Hmm. i like that you put so much work into the outfits, but when you have so many options its kind of hard to pin-point which one looks the best out of all. But to kind of help narrow the options down i DON'T like number 5, i think the shorts are a tad bit weird in design. 

I like 2 and 6 the most, maybe 6 a little bit more because there's more originality in the design and i like the sleeves, but at the same time number 2 gives off the "Sweetheart" vibe that your title suggests because of the collar. So it's difficult ! 

• cs_rowan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cs_rowan triangle
    I think you should find 3 that you like the most, and colour them. Colours would really help determine which one works the most, that's my feedback :smiley:
  • Sealinside
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sealinside triangle
    4, 7 , and 9 are the best in my opinion but a mix b etween 7and 8 would be really nice!
  • Auwren
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Auwren triangle
    These concepts are so cute :blush: I can't wait to see more! I agree with cs_rowan, I think some color to a couple favorite designs would help make the decision easier.
  • ZombieCeli
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZombieCeli polycounter lvl 5
    Awesome! You have so many cool Ideas for designs Im just overwhelmed! :D Cant wait to see more <3
  • BeccaBeeArts
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BeccaBeeArts triangle

Thank you @cs_rowan and everyone else, I thought the more options the better but I can see how it was overwhelming!
    The color's will probably be messed with more after thing's get narrowed down more (Say down to two designs I might try multiple color schemes and see what you guys think?)

@sealinside I took your suggestion on mixing 7 and 8 (I personally didn't like 7's hair to begin with. I think the changes totally improved it)

Let me know if you guys have any more suggestions!
  • OmNomNaomi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    OmNomNaomi triangle
    2 and 3 are my favorite outfits and i like all the hairstyles :p makes me wonder what her abilities would look like :o