Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

WIP: Spanish Villa in UE4

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Seal40k polycounter lvl 7
Hi dear Polyfriends,

I am currently working on a Spanish Villa scene in UE4:

After finishing the modelling part and setting up some basic lighting, I am currently working on the Textures.
My plan is to give you an regular update about my process and use your feedback to improve my UE4 knowledge, as I am still quit new to the Engine.
I would appreciate any feedback you can give.

The scene is based on one major reference picture which I think could turn out quit nice in UE4 with a proper setup:

On a site not, I am not aiming for a 1:1 match, I see the reference picture more like a close inspiration.
Thanks in advance for your support!

Best,

Sebastian

Replies

• MattN
    Offline / Send Message
    MattN triangle
    Hey, looks like a great start, I love the strong lighting on the arches in the ref. I know you are not going for 1:1 but I noticed a few scale issues compared to the ref and did a quick paint over to point them out.

• Seal40k
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey,

Jeah, I saw those discrepancies before and decided to go along with it for now and see how it looks with the textures.
    Speaking of which, I am done with the first iteration of the texturing process. Next I plan to get some decals, demages etc. into the scene as it looks quite clean at the moment. I might also add some addtional Flowers and other assets to get a bit more color variation and life into the scene.

Further critique is welcome of course.
    Thanks in advance!

Best,

Sebastian
  • Seal40k
    Offline / Send Message
    Here is another update on my progress so far:

I changed the color profile and added additional objects as well as some dirt and damage decals to the scene.
    I am kinda stuck at the moment on what I should do next or in general what I could do to improve the look of this.

Any suggestions our tips in that direction would be very helpfull, thanks.

Best,

Sebastian
  • wirrexx
    Offline / Send Message
    wirrexx quad damage
    following this! =)
  • Seal40k
    Offline / Send Message
    Based on some feedback I got already, I thickened the Roof tiles as they looked like thin paper and moved them a bit.
    I also adjusted the hight of the pool edges:

• Seal40k
    Offline / Send Message
    Here are a couple of renders from the finished project: