Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Creative Contest 2017 Riot Creative Contest 2017 - Narrative

[Submitted] The Search for Sentience

Hello! This is my first post on here. For Riot's narrative contest, I have decided to write a short story about Twitch: The Plague Rat. When the Zaun update happened the beginning of this year, I was pretty sad that the writers didn't have time to rewrite Twitch's bio, leaving him with 2 unsatisfying sentences and a story in the point of view of Twitch's victims rather than Twitch himself. With that in mind, I wish to write a story that would explore Twitch's character and how he came to be. With that in mind, since the information on Twitch currently is pretty bare, I have to look at Twitch's old bio for inspiration, specifically at Twitch's old goals of recreating his sentience and how that could be applied to Twitch now. Unlike the old lore's more external conflict where Twitch trusted the deceptive Zaun to help him in his goals, I'm gonna focus on Twitch's internal conflict and flaws that hinder his progression. 

With that said, here's my first draft of the story. I hope you like it. It's still a bit messy and the focus of the story is a bit off, but that's what first drafts are for right?

(Word Count = 999 words)

Replies