Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

halo 3 inspired scene

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Simon_____ polycounter lvl 5
had a go at doing a halo inspired scene, not too used to UE4 yet so pointers would be great 

Replies

• PixelMasher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PixelMasher veteran polycounter
    looks cool, but having everythign be uniquely unwrapped like the way it is now, isnt really how AAA games handle most of their environment work. 99% of this could be done with tiling textures and trim sheets. you would get more detail and better texture resolution and you would be able to re-use a them a bunch of times, keeping the memory budget down. having a 2048 for everything isnt really realistic either, even on xb1 and ps4, most world textures are still 1024 in most cases for world art. 

uniquely UV'ing every asset is a mistake most beginners make, and once you get in the mindset of building a ton of stuff with tiling textures and trims, you should increase your output and creativity as well :) hope this helps.
  • Simon_____
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Simon_____ polycounter lvl 5
    thanks for the feedback, im not too used to doing environments as this was for a uni project, my main area is vehicles and weapons, i did learn about trim sheets recently and will be using them if i do any more environment work, thanks again for the quick feedback