Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Creative Contest 2017 Riot Creative Contest 2017 - Illustration

[Riot Art Contest 2017] DarkStar Thresh Illustration

vertex
Offline / Send Message
maxgags vertex
Greetings one and all, 

This will be my first time ever submitting something for a competition like this, so here I go.

Always loved the concept and designs for the DarkStar series in League ( even though i'm horrible at the game ).

So drawing my inspiration from the original illustration and the 3d model from the game, I came up with my own composition via a very rough sketch.
This was originally supposed to be personal work so I didn't delve into too much detail initially, just wanted to see how much I can push myself from what I've learnt so far.

Replies

• maxgags
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    maxgags vertex
    Still working on composition for background and external elements as well as the chain to see if I can put more feeling into the entire piece 

taking my time to work out and render out the rest of the materials, but so far my entire progress for the piece.

Gonna have to power through for the next few days, more updates to come!
  • maxgags
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    maxgags vertex
    Minor update, finally brought the chain out, also starting to work in light sources while thinking proper about the background 

Happy Holidays everyone! Merry Christmas!
  • maxgags
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    maxgags vertex
    Another Minor update, starting to compose the background based off the LoL summoners rift environment map, also began to render in more of the details and work out more of the mood and motion/energy of the entire piece
    Happy New Year everyone! 
  • maxgags
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    maxgags vertex
    Final render & submission for this contest, good luck to the other participants!