Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Urban Warfare

triangle
Offline / Send Message
sayer6913 triangle
Hey all, I built my first environment "Urban Warfare"  in Unreal Engine 4!  Most of the models were textured in Substance Painter and some materials were made in Designer.  It is a WIP so any advice is appreciated :)

This is still a work in progress, feel free to let me know how it looks or what you think.  :)

Replies

• Alex_J
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alex_J grand marshal polycounter
    I was looking at some other showcased work, and I saw some advice that I think may apply here as well. The work was a fantastic looking decrepit house, and some people mentioned that variation along the bottom of the house where it meets the terrain to break of the straight line  could improve the scene. 

I think the same think may apply here. Perhaps some general detritus strewn here and there could help break that up.

And a thought purely my own -- the color of the sky seems to suggest a sandstorm is going on. I don't know how it could be accomplished exactly, but a general haziness that cuts down visibility a small degree may tie the foreground and background together more.
  • shabba
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    shabba polycounter lvl 15
    I think the scale of those heli blades is off, they look like giant paddles, its all i see in each image.

Everything has the same tone across the board, maybe darken and add contrast to the ground

Even though the helicopter is supposed to be the focal point, in the first couple images there are lots of things all kind of competing for my attention, and alot of objects creating competing angles with no real direction to guide me through composition.

I think there is an overall scale issue across things? the balcony bars seem super fat

The path of destruction to the pavement could use some work, blending, surface undulation, shape variation as its quite a consistent shape at the moment. Seems to perfectly laid out
  • sayer6913
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sayer6913 triangle
    Thanks for the feedback guys! Very helpful, I will apply your advice on my update! :)