Home Career & Education

How to advertise 3d products in Gumroad?

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
yaschan polycounter lvl 7
I recently created some substances and tools that I think could be useful for other 3D creators. So I uploaded then to Gumroad. 

My question is how could one advertise those so that fellow creators could find them?

Replies

• Bek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bek interpolator
    Well... actually linking to them would be a start. Put them in your signature.

You can also do what basically everyone else does and release something for free first, so when you later put something up for sale, everyone who grabbed the free thing gets an email about it...
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Good tips in here, directly related to getting your Gumroad etc. noticed
  • yaschan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yaschan polycounter lvl 7
    thanks guys for great ideas.
  • BetterDigitalArtist
    Hi Yaschan

I find your question few years after, hope you found your answer.
    For people interested in that topic, I would say that Gumroad can provide you additional income with its discover feature. Personally, I'm selling from time to time with this solution, but the fees are higher.
    If your assets are free, people will find them I guess :) If there are paid assets, I bet you shouldn't rely on Gumroad only, but build your own website with a proper page giving the Gumroad url, and some keywords inside which will help people to find your page on Google. That's SEO technics that are far beyond the scope of a quick reply here.
    If anyone has more question about that, please ask

Nicolas