Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Creative Contest 2017 Riot Creative Contest 2017 - Illustration

[Riot Art Contest 2017] Truth Bearer Illaoi

zookie
vertex
Offline / Send Message
zookie vertex
Hello all! 

After much deliberation over ideas and concepts, I have chosen to do an artwork focusing on Illaoi and her story. There are two concepts that I am deciding between. The first is Illaoi as an initiate. The second, focusing on her as the truth bearer in the temples of Buhru which are briefly mentioned in her lore. For this concept, I will be developing a new design for her that evokes more of a priestess feel while still capturing what makes Illaoi so unique. 

Initiate Illaoi: Focuses on the woman back when she was less certain of her abilities and belief in Nagakaborous, still being trained in Buhru. 

Truth Bearer Illaoi: Just before she leaves for Bilgewater - at the height of her confidence, she is highly respected and important on Buhru.

Illaoi References: 
Illaoi: Dynamic poses, iconic hair, muscular build, nagakaborous idol, tattoos, colour scheme (green, gold and red). 

For her new design: altered colour scheme, more resplendent, longer and more robe-like outfit. 

Buhru References: 

Buhru consists of 'golden temples' in the lore. For the background of Buhru, I want to evoke a feel of mystery and devotion to a god that not many can truly understand. 

Replies

• zookie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    zookie vertex
    Completed some sketches of outfit ideas for Illaoi. None of these really evoke the idea I am looking for but it was a good way to just jot down some ideas. Of these, I like A, the top half of D and E best. 

Let me all know what you think!

• zookie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    zookie vertex
    Got so busy over the holiday season so here are some quick thumbnails of potential poses. I like the idea of having the backdrop be the inside of a temple so that I can play around with where she came from. I'm even toying with the idea of having people kneeling behind her to represent her status as high priestess but I also feel that the top two images aren't dynamic enough. 

Any thoughts?