Home 2D Art Showcase & Critiques

Stormy SketchBook of Learning

StormyBA
polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
StormyBA polycounter lvl 8
Thought it would be a good idea to get a lot more into 2D of late and I'm hoping a thread around these parts will help me keep on track of my goals of getting something done every day. 

2D is something I'm pretty new at and quite recently realized actually how fun it is and really enjoy the fact it's much easier to get into the "Zone" because there is a lot less fighting with zillions of menus in 3d packages! 

So yea, pretty new to this, Ive been doing some bits on paper and hoping to get that involved in this thread too. Below is pretty much my first digital painting! I think I'm happy with it although I did use the colour picker on the ref photo more then I wanted to and it took a lot longer then I would want to spend on something like this but hoping to improve with time and crit from the community. 

Brush wise I'm kinda lacking. This was all done with a basic round, slightly squished and softened. If peeps have some recommendations on the brush front that would be great. I really dont want to get to bogged down with brushes because ultimately they are not important but any top notch mini packs that you cant live with out would fun. 

Replies