Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Creative Contest 2017 Riot Creative Contest 2017 - Narrative

[WIP] Echoes From The Deep - Nautilus

JevinKiao
null
Hello! My name is Kevin, and honestly, I'm pretty new to writing. Writing has never been one of my hobbies or past-times, but I always did like to imagine stories and create worlds in my head. Its just really amazing how much deeper lore can make a character feel. I loved the Singed story because it really hit me after I read that how obsessed and mad-scientisty he is. So I wanted to be able to do this for another character with little fleshed out lore.

Why Nautilus?
While I can't say that he's my main champ, I do love all aspects of him, from gameplay to design. As I mentioned, Nautilus doesn't have much official lore. All Riot gives us is a brief paragraph with not many details. Although this makes sense from Naut's perspective, as he doesn't remember his past, I think we as players deserve to know. I also thought it would be fun to explore just how much of his past still remains within his suit.

Inspiration
All I had to go off of was his champion bio, and quotes, which were both pretty sparse. This gave me an opportunity to write a lot of my own story. I did look into Bilgewater lore and listen to the Bilgewater theme to build a world in which Nautilus' past life and his friends would inhabit. I noticed in the new pictures of Bilgewater it looked busy and crowded, but I wanted a more isolated feeling, so I set the story at the edge of of the city. This also places it closer to the open sea, where I imagine the "black goo" was discovered.

Future Editing
This is only my first draft, with all my basic ideas collected together. If anyone were willing to give feedback to a newbie writer, that would be greatly appreciated.