Home Marmoset

VR headsets

evilmaul
vertex
Offline / Send Message
evilmaul vertex
hi there,

I understand this has been asked before and right now there is no support for VR. Wondering if you guys have gotten more requests about the topic?
I understand by searching around that earlier version of Rift was supported

http://marmosetco.tumblr.com/post/52891486975

any reason why it was then removed?

cheers

Replies

• thomasp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thomasp hero character
    the first Rift devkit was just another monitor, all you needed is that stereo output in a window and maximize that in the Rift's display area. at some point they started with headset drivers so i imagine it's all handled very different now.

anyway, one thing that this VR mode in toolbag back then highlighted was that using just the standard camera/navigation is no good for VR (in my opinion anyway). not something you would have wanted to use for more than playing around a little.

• evilmaul
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    evilmaul vertex
    thanks for the answer! and I understand your point..I am of the same opinion but still I would love to have a stereo camera output even if its only to evaluate realtime ldev on assets or playback a turntable or an abc cache of a walkcycle etc without having to necessarily push it to Unreal.

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Toolbag has support for the Rift DK1 and some other stereo modes, if you go to the Render -> Viewport -> Stereo there is a drop down. Rift support has not been updated since the DK1, so I'm not sure how this will look on newer devices. If you want to jump to fullscreen, hit ctrl+enter and space bar to hide the UI.

We do not have concreate plans for more extensive VR support in Toolbag at this time, but it is possible that is something we could develop in the future.

• JordanN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JordanN interpolator
    Toolbag has support for the Rift DK1 and some other stereo modes, if you go to the Render -> Viewport -> Stereo there is a drop down. Rift support has not been updated since the DK1, so I'm not sure how this will look on newer devices. If you want to jump to fullscreen, hit ctrl+enter and space bar to hide the UI.

We do not have concreate plans for more extensive VR support in Toolbag at this time, but it is possible that is something we could develop in the future.

Be sure to add VR support to the Marmoset Viewer as well!
  • evilmaul
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    evilmaul vertex
    that is great to know! gotta try it out tonight :) 
    As I said , given how awesome Marmoset is in terms of realtime ldev (and baking etc) I would be more than happy to just have the option to just view the results into a headset.  And if in the future there will be more dev in that sense well then it will surely be welcome.
    cheers!

• evilmaul
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    evilmaul vertex

hmm I cant see to get it to work unfortunately :/ 
  • evilmaul
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    evilmaul vertex
    sorry to continue on this, just wondering if support for newer (current) headset is possible to develop from third party if there is no interest on marmorset end?  and what would that involve? 
  • Dustinmaertz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dustinmaertz polycounter lvl 7
    It would be amazing if you guys could add support for the windows mixed reality headsets. I would personally love this and I think others would find it useful for a wide array of use cases. 
  • mastajappa
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mastajappa polycounter lvl 9
    Yeah it would be the greatest if VR was supported. It should be possible. You could use SkyShop through unity but it is not as complete in rendering.
  • SebKaine
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SebKaine polycounter lvl 5
    Hi guys,
    I'm bringing out the dead ... but i would like to know if it is now possible to inspect a marmoset scene in VR with a Vive or a Rift ? 
    as their website does not specify anything about VR and AR i guess the answer is NO, but i would like to be sure.
    Thanks !