Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Creative Contest 2017 Riot Creative Contest 2017 - Character Art

[RIOT CREATIVE CONTEST 2017] Character Art - Iron Maiden Fiddle (Gothic)

Help
vertex
Offline / Send Message
Help vertex
        Hey everyone, I wanted to create a skin for my favorite champion in league and I bounced around quite a few ideas, but finally landed on something solid. I love the Gothic skins for Kayle, Singed, and Nocturne, so I decided I'd make Fiddlesticks one too. These drawings are pretty loose, but I'll be working through the design more and more as it comes along.

So this is what I got so far. Just really rough ideas for now and big broad shapes. Gotta figure out the exact form for the back/opening of the iron maiden.

The orange is the more roughs of the front and side views. And the blue drawing is thinking more solidly of the clothing he's going to wear. All of these drawings is mainly just playing around with things, so we'll see where it goes.

I know all of this is till really rough and not much to show, but I just landed on this idea a little bit ago and really just wanted to get my thread started. Hopefully I'll have more to show soon. Let me know what you think or if you have any feedback.

Replies

• Help
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Help vertex
    Bonus: I was originally planning on doing Marauder Fiddlesticks, but was having a hard time landing on a helmet design I really liked and thought fit the marauder sharp and pointy theme. So here's some roughs of what I had started and liked.

As you can see I originally found the helmet design I want to use for the Gothic skin, by working on this. And I actually quite like a lot of these helmets, but they don't quite feel right for the theme.

• Help
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Help vertex

So I'm working out how it all fits together in multiple views and how the cover of the iron maiden would connect to fiddlesticks. I think bolting the door onto him is the wrong way to go since I want fiddle himself to be the iron maiden. Any who going to experiment with hinges and where the door actually opens up next.
  • Help
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Help vertex
          Still trying to figure out how it's all going to connect. Thinking of maybe going with less of a lid, and more connected to him entirely. Using a cloak to cover up some bits and pieces maybe???????????? We'll see how it goes, just gotta keep exploring ideas.