Home Unity

Neon Challenge, a real-time environment contest has launched! $30K in prizes!

nathanv
null
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
nathanv null

Hi! Nathan from Unity here. We're excited to announce the launch of the Neon Challenge, a real-time environment contest. We’re offering a prize pool of over $30,000 for finalists and a grand prize of $20,000! We're looking for talented environment artists to create a scene using custom models and the Asset Store to create a gorgeous cinematic experience based on some fantastic amazing concept art from the Art Director of ADAM Episode I, Georgi Simeonov.

Click here to Take the Challenge

Awards

The grand prize and second prize categories are selected by a group of judges. The community awards will be selected by the community based on the number of likes on the submission. The total prize package of all prizes is $31,650.  

One (1) grand prize winner selected by judges (estimated retail value of $20,400)
    • - $20,000 cash
    • - One ticket to Unite EU or Unite US in 2018 ($400)
    Two (2) second prize winners selected by judges (estimated retail value of $6,800).  
    • - $3,000 cash
    • - One ticket to Unite EU or Unite US in 2018 ($400)
    Three (3) community award winners selected by the community (estimated retail value of $3,450). Community winners will be selected based on the number of likes on their submission. 
    • - $1,000 cash
    • - Unity swag bundle ($150)
    Five (5) honorable mentions selected by judges (estimated retail value of $1,000)
    • - $200 Asset Store vouchers

Deliverables

• - One (1) completed game environment created in Unity 2017.1, Unity 2017.2, or Unity 2017.3 which utilizes the Unity Asset Store and uses Cinemachine, Timeline, and the Post Processing Stack (v1 or v2).
      • - One (1) ‘making of’ submission with a callout sheet which will include:
      • - One (1) embedded final scene video shown at minimum 1080 resolution uploaded to a public video platform.
      • - An overview of your entire creation process including: introduction to your team, narrative inspiration, scene conceptualization, material creation, production process, and post-production.
      • - Work-in-progress screenshots highlighting all custom created assets as well as any assets from the Asset Store.
      • - An explanation of how the Asset Store, Cinemachine, Timeline, and the Post Processing Stack were used in your scene.

See all the Concept Art Here 

Replies

• korbul
      Offline / Send Message
      korbul null
      Hello guys,

I've been working with Unity for quite a few years now. I'm a programmer. If you are a 3d artist and would like to take part in this challenge but you don't know your way around Unity, we can make a team. The purpose is the fun and excitement of participating in the competition, but if we do win we can split the the prize 80 (for you) - 20 (for me).

You would come with the vision and model the whole environment.
      I would answer all unity related questions you may have. Teach (to the best of my abilities) you best practices and basic unity interaction. Help with bringing in the environment in Unity. Help in the creation of any additional FX the scene may need (particles, lighting, baking, GI, cameras, recording, audio, shaders, etc). Solve any programming needs that may arise.

Send me a message if you are interested!