Home Animation Showcase & Critiques

My first animation reel.

Bolvaerk
vertex
Offline / Send Message
Bolvaerk vertex
Hello everybody ! My name is Adam. Im an beginner animator. My journey with animation i've started 4 months ago. Currently im working in Maya. This is my first animation reel. I would be grateful for honest criticism :) 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjAAcRuTB7A&feature=youtu.be

P.S. I'm not looking for any job right now, im too weak to find any :D i've created it only for feedback purposes ;) 

Replies

• LloydHallam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LloydHallam polycounter lvl 8
    This is actually a decent amount of work at a pretty good level for 4 months. Keep up what you're doing, you're definitely on the right track. All I can say right now is, be wary of how you're lighting your shots, a lot of these are quite dark, and in a demo reel you want your shots to be clear. My typical set up for lighting (at least for playblasts) is simply a single Directional Light tilted downwards slightly, and an Ambient Light with it's intensity set to roughly 0.300.

Same sort of thing applies with your dancing robot animation, while I understand that this shot is technically supposed to be dark until the lights turn on, for animation purposes you still want people to see the animation of the character, not the light show.

Keep it up!
  • Bolvaerk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bolvaerk vertex
    @LloydHallam Thank you Sir for these kind words  ! I didn't expect to hear that.